[Samba] Adding printer drivers from WinXP

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Thu Mar 6 14:02:36 GMT 2003

Well I'm trying to setup the Samba server to act as a print server too.
I had uploaded the drivers for the 4 printers we have and I installed
all 4 printers on my test computer and it worked well. But when I got
back from my vacations one of the tech told me that he couldn't install
the printer drivers from the server and when I check the driver didn't
seem to be in the driver list anymore. Now when I try to re-upload the
drivers it give me an error about not being able to save the parameters
because there's not enough memory. And in my log I get a bunch of these:

tdb(/var/cache/samba/ntprinters.tdb): rec_read bad magic 0xd9fee666 at
offset=9260

What can I do about that?

Here's my print$ share:

[print$]