[Samba] Samba 2.2.7 and Win2K - printer drivers

Huuskonen Jarno Jarno.Huuskonen at tuakk.fi
Thu Mar 6 12:53:03 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to find out, is it possible to deliver printer drivers
automatically for Win2K clients by a samba printer server. Clients are Win2K
with SP2.

I can see printers shared by samba. Win2K-client says "Access:denied: Unable
to connect", unless I configure a shared printer with an option:

"use client driver = yes"

Samba is running on RH 8.0 and shares work just fine.

So, do I really have to install Win2K drivers manually? I understand it is
possible to do it automated with Windows 9X -clients.

I have also found out that the tool called "make_printerdef" -tool is
deprecated.

Any help appreciated,
Jarno
-----