[Samba] login as a service to win2k & domain user manager

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Mar 6 00:58:05 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Jason Norred wrote:

> Hello Samba Administrators,
>
> I'm currently running a Samba PDC ver 2.2.7. I have a couple of issues
> that I'm trying to find some resolution on.
>
> First, I need to be able to have a domain user be able to login to my
> Win2k clients as a service. I can do this by going to each client and
> configuring the Local Security Policy on EACH and EVERY client machine.
> This is obviously not a good solution. On a Win2k server I could use the
> User Manager for Domains tool, but that tool does not work yet in full
> with samba.

Please help us to understand precisely what you are trying to achieve
here. More importantly, please give us a step by step explanation of how
you currently do this in a pure Microsoft world.

> Secondly, how can I add a Domain User to the Local Win2k client
> computer's Power Users Group??? Again, I see how to do that at each
> machine locally. Is there a way to implement this network-wide?

How do you do this now? Your answer here might help use to find a solution
for you.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra