[Samba] Problems with samba_3.0alpha21 and W2k-Server

Jens Nie Jens.Nie at uos.de
Wed Mar 5 19:14:33 GMT 2003

Hi everyone.

I have a problem at my company where i want a linux box to authenticate at our
companies W2k-Server and offer some user home direcories as shares to the
windows-network. Authentication works well using winbind so every user known
to the W2k-Server can log into the machine. I have modified the necesary
files in pam.d for this. Unfortunately when the winbind daemon is running the
shares are not accessible from the windows network. When stoping the winbind
daemon the shares are visible and the users homedirectories are usable. So
there seems to be some destructive interference between samba and winbind,
both taken from a precompiled samba-3.0alpha21 rpm for SuSE 8.1 that i found
in the people directory tree on suses ftp-server. So as you already have
guessed the linux-Box is a SuSE 8.1-System. Any ideas on this? I can give
some more information if the problem is not obvious, but let's try it this
way first.

Regards

Jens Nie