[Samba] samba PDC

Lauri Jesmin jesmin at ut.ee
Tue Mar 4 17:56:15 GMT 2003

Hello, is this possible to use a samba server as PDC and authenticate
users against other samba server.

So, there are two samba PDC-s:
one is "local" and another is "remote".

"local" is in same subnet as clients and hosts machine accounts and
local user accounts and is PDC in local domain. "local" is linux.

"remote" is also Samba PDC, on solaris.

Problem is that although i can use "local" shares with my username and
password from windows 2000 computer, I can not login to domain from
windows 2000 workstation, from there only "local" computer accounts that
have password in "local" smbpasswd can log in.

Unix account information is replicated via nisplus, so this is not a
problem.

configuration from "local"  is here:

[global]

   workgroup = SOLARIS
   client code page = 775
   character set = ISO8859-15
   netbios name = KOGER

   server string = Samba Server

   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = no

   printing = lprng

   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

   max log size = 0
   log level = 3

   security = server

   password server = raud.ut.ee

   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

   unix password sync = No
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*

   pam password change = no

  obey pam restrictions = yes

   local master = yes

   os level = 65