[Samba] Disappearing Shares?

John Blue jblue at bestpond.com
Tue Mar 4 07:05:14 GMT 2003

Hi John,

> > I am new to Linux and running SuSE V8.0 with KDE desktop and
> > Samba 2.2.7 on a small bnetwor5k which also has a Windows NT
> > PC and a notebook.
> >
> > On the Linux PC's I have used LinNeighborhood to mount the
> > various shares and can readily view files on the Linux PC's, or on
> > the windoze machines.
>
> Why use LinNeighborhood? You could just as easily use konqueror and in
> the URL part type in smb:/ to view all workgroups/domains on your
> network and to navigate your servers.

Thanks for that, learn something new every day :)

> This feature requires that hte kdenetwork3-lan and kdebase3-samba
> packages are installed.

I have KDE 3.1 with kdenetwork3-3.1-61 and kdebase3-3.1-74.

> You can also save bookmarks so that you can readily go to any
> particular resource. YMMV.

Thanks for that information it certainly seems a lot easier.

Best wishes,
John
--
John Blue,
PO Box 542
email: jblue at bestpond.com
Fax: +61 2 6291 1119
Mob: 041 922 6661

This email has been pre-scanned using the latest Anti Virus
software for your peace of mind.

Please remember to maintain your own anti virus up to date with
the latest reference files.