[Samba] Disappearing Shares?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Mar 4 05:33:06 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, John wrote:

> I am new to Linux and running SuSE V8.0 with KDE desktop and
> Samba 2.2.7 on a small bnetwor5k which also has a Windows NT
> PC and a notebook.
>
> On the Linux PC's I have used LinNeighborhood to mount the
> various shares and can readily view files on the Linux PC's, or on
> the windoze machines.

Why use LinNeighborhood? You could just as easily use konqueror and in the
URL part type in smb:/ to view all workgroups/domains on your network and
to navigate your servers.

This feature requires that hte kdenetwork3-lan and kdebase3-samba packages
are installed.

You can also save bookmarks so that you can readily go to any particular
resource. YMMV.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra