[Samba] Directory/File Permissions

Chris McKeever cgmckeever at prupref.com
Mon Mar 3 22:03:31 GMT 2003

I just got samba up and running using WINBIND to authenticate againt NT4.0.
The one thing that I notice it that the owner/group gets flagged as the
person logged in creating the file (which makes sense).  However, I would
like these files to be accessible by anyone that is allowed into the
directory using the write list and valid users attributes of the smb.conf
file.

I am thinking that it may be something with umask on the directory tree.  Is
this going in the correct direction? Is there a way to make it globally
readable/writeable by everyone without having to run something everytime a
file is created?

Thanks