[Samba] samba with ldap

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Mon Mar 3 21:14:06 GMT 2003

Patrick Nelson wrote:
----------------->>>>
RH73 samba2.2.7-1.7.3

Just getting a smb server going.  Have some users who's login names are
different from windows and Linux.  Using a map file to map Linux users
accounts to windows user accounts.  When I watch the log.smb I see that the
mapping is taking place however, the authentication doesn't.  Would the fact
that the Linux authentication is done by an LDAP server matter?  The
passwords are the same.

Ok what about making it so that LDAP isn't an issue.  Is this possible?  I'm
not making this a PDC... Just a mountable directory to all users.  Is there
a better way to do this.  I've read all the documentation from
/usr/share/doc/samba-2.2.7 and have followed links to everyone's else's
HOW-TO...