[Samba] Samba 2.2.7 problem

Sutto Zoltan suttozoltan at chello.hu
Mon Mar 3 20:04:34 GMT 2003

I checked the /etc/init.d/smb script file

it tries to kill it's running processes using killproc function in
/etc/init.d/functions file.
killproc calls pidofproc function to find pids of given program (nmbd) and
it  gives back all the PID related to nmbd.
1834 1833
in my earlier example
1833 is nmbd main process
1834 is nmbd child process

the killproc tries to kill 1834 first and after that 1833.
Killing nmbd's child process first makes a new nmbd process (not a child
one).
That is why I get the error message.

Killing the child process first by hand (kill -TERM $nmbdchildpid) cause the
same effect.
Killing the parent nmbd process kills the child too as smb script should
have to.

Is there anybody who can able to help me to fix it?

Thanx

Zoltan Sutto

ps.:
PID files are in /var/run/samba/(s/n)nmbd.pid

Killproc function in /etc/init/function does not use these files to kill
processes.