[Samba] Moving Files between file systems

Garcia, Orlando ogarcia at MPCProducts.com
Mon Mar 3 15:13:34 GMT 2003

Esteemed Samba Users,

We have a Samba (2.2.3a) server running on an HP (HP/UX 11i) box and we are
running into a little problem. We currently have a large amount of files
that reside on an NT box that we would like to move to a Samba share (Aprox.
80 GIG worth). The problem seems to be with the mangling of the files. Any
time we try to move a file samba generates a mangled equivalent. If we turn
mangling off it still generates a unique file. In both cases the file are
only 1 kb and can be deleted. However when trying to move this much data you
can see where this can become a problem. There is quite a large number of
directories with very large long names. Will this also be an issue?. Any
guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
Orlando F.  <mailto:ogarcia at mpcproducts.com> Garcia
ogarcia at mpcproducts.com <mailto:ogarcia at mpcproducts.com>
Information Technology Manager
PH: 847-673-8300 x609
FAX: 847-674-1523

 <http://www.mpcproducts.com/> MPC Products Corporation
ISO 9001 Certified
Skokie, IL USA	  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.  If
you have received this in error, please email the sender or
telephone in the United States at (847) 673-8300 and delete
this message and any attachment from your system.

For further information about MPC Products Corporation please
see our website at http://www.mpcproducts.com or refer to any
MPC Products Corporation office.