[Samba] Problem of access samba from rh8

Patrick Kwan pat at pat.dyndns.info
Mon Mar 3 01:45:05 GMT 2003

Hello,

I already setup a samba server as PDC for windows client to logon and
working fine now with the following config:
- redhat 7.3
- samba 2.2.7a

Then I try to access the samba share from Redhat 8, I can use smbclient to
access the share without problem but I can't access the share with "KDE's
Konqueror" (smb://NetbiosName/), it can show all shares, when I double one
of share, it can show the login dialogue box, then I enter the correct
username and password but nothing displayed, it seem to try connecting the
share.

So, I check the samba.log file, but it show that the user is connected to
the service successfully.

Any body have this issue before?

Thanks for your kindly help!