[Samba] Problem of access samba from rh8

Steve Blackwell steve.blackwell at eer.com
Mon Mar 3 14:44:32 GMT 2003

Hey Patrick,

I have a similar issue that I have reported here before but I never got an
answer.

The only difference I see between what you describe and what I see, is
that I get an error dialog saying:

You do not have sufficient permission to view <Share>. This is strange to
me since I appear to log on OK because I can see all the shares but I get
this message when I try to access one of them.

I'm using RH8 with all the latest updates and these samba rpms

samba-common-2.2.7-2
samba-2.2.7-2
samba-client-2.2.7-2

I haven't had time to investigate this further so I would be interested in
anything that you find out.

Steve.