[Samba] server side printers

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Sat Mar 1 21:32:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 16:05, Tor Bechmann Sørensen wrote:
> > the samba howto collection covers the print$ stuff accurately for
> > all the 2.2 version and the 3.0 branch too
>

> Thank you for your answer Bradley. But Im afraid, that I already looked in
> the howto collection, and I didnt find information I could use, and gave
> up on that. I was hoping someone here on the list could lay it out a bit
> more clearly for me.
i don't think it can get any clearer
I took this from
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#AEN798
        6.2.1. Creating [print$]
        In order to support the uploading of printer driver files, you
        must first configure a file share named [print$]. The name of
        this share is hard coded in Samba's internals so the name is
        very important (print$ is the service used by Windows NT print
        servers to provide support for printer driver download).

        You should modify the server's smb.conf file to add the global
        parameters and to create the following file share (of course,
        some of the parameter values, such as 'path' are arbitrary and
        should be replaced with appropriate values for your site):

I don't think anybody on the list is going to hold your hand any more
than i already have.

I read that document and set up the driver downloading with no serious
trouble.

If you have a specific problem like "i tried to upload the driver but it
failed with this error message and and this in the logs" re-post here
with those details.

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>