[Samba] compilation problems with 2.2.7a on OpenBSD 3.2 using --with-ldap sam

mark lists at xinot.net
Sat Mar 1 10:59:53 GMT 2003

For whatever reason, the Makefiles that are generated don't tell gcc to
look in /usr/local/include for header files.  You don't need
--libdir=/usr/local/lib and --includedir=/usr/local/include.  I believe
that those just tell where you want the libraries and header files
installed when everything is said and done, not where to look while
compiling.

You just need to (assuming you're using bash):

export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib'

before you run configure.  If you are using a cshell (by the c shore?
bad joke, nevermind):

setenv CPPFLAGS '-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib'

I think.

mark

ps I think you can also use:

CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib' ./configure
--with-ldapsam

mark