[Samba] compilation problems with 2.2.7a on OpenBSD 3.2 using --with-ldap sam

Henry, Brad ERM BHenry at serm.gov.sk.ca
Sat Mar 1 00:28:27 GMT 2003

Hello, last weekend I downloaded installed the openldap port for openbsd
3.2, which installed ldap.h and lber.h (among others) into
/usr/local/include as well as liblber.a and libldap.a into /usr/local/lib.

Following that, I downloaded samba-latest, ran

./configure --with-ldapsam --libdir=/usr/local/lib
--includedir=/usr/local/include
which came back with no problems to speak of.

So I ran make, and it came up with

Compiling passdb/secrets.c
passdb/secrets.c: In function `secrets_named_mutex':
passdb/secrets.c:287: warning: passing arg 2 of `tdb_lock_bystring' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
Compiling passdb/pass_check.c
Compiling passdb/smbpassfile.c
Compiling passdb/machine_sid.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c
Compiling passdb/pampass.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_tdb.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_ldap.c
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:48: lber.h: No such file or directory
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:49: ldap.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

So does anyone know what I should try next to be able to compile samba
--with-ldapsam on openbsd 3.2?
I have attached the full configure and make output if that helps anyone...

Thanks,
Brad