[Samba] ACL permissions with XP problem

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Sat Mar 1 08:50:23 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:47:53 -0600
"Brad Sagowitz" <brad at jdmc.org> wrote:

> RedHat 7.3 with XFS (using the XFS install disk)
> After installation I'd downloaded 2.2.7 src rpm from redhat and
> rebuilt it with the --with-acl-support option in the samba.spec file

Did you have "acl-dev" installed when compiling Samba? Of not, the
configure-process will kick ACL-support but continue compiling although
you specified --with-acl-support.

Make sure your smbd has ACL-support built in:

  ldd /usr/sbin/smbd

The output should contain something like

  "libacl.so.1 => /lib/libacl.so.1"

So long,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/