[Samba] [homes] share not available for this user....

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jun 26 14:26:48 GMT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Yeri Swamy wrote:

> Hi All
>

> I have setup Samba-3.0-beta as PDC for Windows Network..
> Users can login from client computers to Samba Server..everything fine.
> Actually i used migration process from NT to Samba using latest HOWTO
> document..
>
> After login users cann not access their home directories though home
> directories owner and group is same as user login name respectively..i
> saw this error in the log file on Samba Server
>
> [homes] share not available for this user because it was not found or
> created at session setup time

Does the users' home directory exist on your Samba server?

What home directory is in your /etc/passwd file?

Note: If you are running Red Hat Linux then instead of the '-m' parameter
to the useradd command you may need to use '-M'.

Not all Linux systems are born equal! :)

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org