[Samba] 2.2.8a, printer driver download: need to use setdriver

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Thu Jun 26 14:24:26 GMT 2003

Hello

I'm setting up the automatic printer driver download feature, and it works
nicelly except for one little thing: I have to use, on the samba machine,
rpcclient's setdriver command to associate a printer with its driver.

I didn't see this requirement in the Samba howto, it only mentions setdriver
as a way to speed up large installations. Am I missing something? Should
windows make this association automatically when it uploads the driver to
the samba [print$] share?