[Samba] Bug or feature?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Jun 20 15:13:42 GMT 2003

I attempted to write a catch-all command line that would add/enable/set
password for a user, to make sure they were in good shape upon a
reactivation of their account. However, in my opinion, the man pages are
incorrect when regarding the -e switch. -a and -e will not work together,
so the behavior of -e is not really benign if the user does not need
enabling. I guess this is somewhat of a gray area, as if the user does not
exist, a -e flag should probably fail... but... I guess what I'm asking is
was the intended behavior that -a -e would not work together (ie. if the
account does not exist, the -a will not be used either), or is -a -e
supposed to be a way to add/enable a user?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630