[Samba] Slow windows -> cups print - CONCLUSION

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Jun 19 16:01:40 GMT 2003

Miguel Manso wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Quoting Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle at danka.de>:
>
>>PPD-O-Matic previously used commans inside the field tagged be the
>>"*ModelName" keyword. My guess is that *this* was causing the problem with the Adobe
>>driver.This *is* fixed now.
>>
>>The online PPD spec test at http://www.cups.org/testppd.php now has no
>>complaints with the PPD you refer to above.
>>
>>Could you please re-check with the Adobe driver, if that on still has an
>>issue with a current HP-OfficeJet_5110.ppd from Linuxprinting.org? Could you
>>please report back and confirm or reject?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kurt
>>

> These are the results on testing the PPD that comes with the Adobe Postscript
> Printer drivers:
>
> Test Results
>
> defprtr2.ppd: PASS
>         WARN    Obsolete PPD version 4.0!
>                 REF: Page 42, section 5.2.
>         WARN    LanguageEncoding required by PPD 4.3 spec.
>                 REF: Pages 56-57, section 5.3.
>         WARN    Manufacturer required by PPD 4.3 spec.
>                 REF: Pages 58-59, section 5.3.
>         WARN    ShortNickName required by PPD 4.3 spec.
>                 REF: Pages 64-65, section 5.3.
>

> And these are the results of the HP OfficeJet 5110 PPD I'm using now:
>
> Test Results
>
> hp.ppd: PASS

That's what I said: it passes the test now.

> This gives you any usefull information?

Sorry for not being clear enough. I meant to ask you to use that original
(!), current PPD from Linuxprinting.org and load it like you did before,
when you encountered the problem, in your own words

    "On the instalation of the Adobe drivers I
     had erros saying my printed had illegal chars
     on it's name. So, I've replaced the previous
     lines..."

and see if the same still happens with the new generation PPD.

> Thanks.

Thanks,
Kurt