[Samba] Slow windows -> cups print - CONCLUSION

Miguel Manso mmanso at amplitudenet.pt
Thu Jun 19 14:57:08 GMT 2003

Hi there,

Quoting Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle at danka.de>:
> PPD-O-Matic previously used commans inside the field tagged be the
> "*ModelName"
> keyword. My guess is that *this* was causing the problem with the Adobe
> driver.
> This *is* fixed now.
>
> The online PPD spec test at http://www.cups.org/testppd.php now has no
> complaints
> with the PPD you refer to above.
>
> Could you please re-check with the Adobe driver, if that on still has an
> issue
> with a current HP-OfficeJet_5110.ppd from Linuxprinting.org? Could you
> please
> report back and confirm or reject?
>
> Thanks,
> Kurt

These are the results on testing the PPD that comes with the Adobe Postscript
Printer drivers:

Test Results

defprtr2.ppd: PASS
        WARN    Obsolete PPD version 4.0!
                REF: Page 42, section 5.2.
        WARN    LanguageEncoding required by PPD 4.3 spec.
                REF: Pages 56-57, section 5.3.
        WARN    Manufacturer required by PPD 4.3 spec.
                REF: Pages 58-59, section 5.3.
        WARN    ShortNickName required by PPD 4.3 spec.
                REF: Pages 64-65, section 5.3.

And these are the results of the HP OfficeJet 5110 PPD I'm using now:

Test Results

hp.ppd: PASS

This gives you any usefull information?

Thanks.