[Samba] WinBind - 3.0.0beta1

Patrik Gustavsson PS Sweden Senior Technical Consultant Patrik.Gustavsson at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 16 08:26:28 GMT 2003

What I did for getting winbind to work with Windows 2003 ADS.

1) Compiled Samba with both kerberos and ldap support.
     If you don't do this it will not work.

2) Configure kerberos klient on your server.

3) Then I ran net ads JOIN -U administrator

My smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = SAMBA-NET
        password server = *
        ads server = w2003server
        realm = TEST.SE
        netbios name = SAMBA
        server string = Samba (%v) domain (%h)
        interfaces = hahostix1/255.255.0.0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = ads
        private dir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/private
        log file = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/logs/logfile
        lock dir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/locks
        pid directory = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/var/locks
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        template homedir = /global/mnt1/SAMBA/home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/sh
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        wins server = w2003server

--
"In a world without fences who needs Gates"
Patrik Gustavsson, Senior Technical Consultant