[Samba] WinBind - 3.0.0beta1

Brett Hales brett.hales at baesystems.com
Mon Jun 16 06:05:45 GMT 2003

I am trying to get WinBind working against Windows 2000 ADS.

I am following the document
http://de.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/html/winbind.html.

I have successfully joined the samba server to the PDC domain.

/usr/local/samba/bin/net join -S PDC -U Administrator

The winbindd starts successfully however when I try to use wbinfo -u it
returns.

[root at jerry root]# /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

And the /usr/local/samba/var/log.winbindd log file contains the below.

[2003/06/16 14:57:03, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:add_trusted_domain(138) Added domain
AU.MYDOMAIN.COM
[2003/06/16 14:57:03, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:init_domain_list(214)
Could not fetch sid for our domain AU.MYDOMAIN.COM

My samba.conf is
[root at jerry lib]# cat smb.conf
[global]
winbind separator = +
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
workgroup = AU.MYDOMAIN.COM
security = domain
password server = myad01

Can anybody advise why this is not working.

--
Brett Hales <brett.hales at baesystems.com>