[Samba] Problem with primary groups, samba-3.0-alpha24

Daniel Paul paul at versicherungsforen.net
Fri Jun 13 12:37:32 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Samba-3.0 alpha24 (RedHat Linux 9) about primary
groups of users.
They are recognized correctly
by Linux (coming from LDAP) but not from Samba or Windows. I created correct
group mappings via
net groupmap but the 2000 user manager still shows the wrong primary group.
If I try to change
it from user manager it seems that everything is working, but if I list
primary groups again
(after closing user manager) nothing has happened.
LDAP entries have the correct sambaPrimaryGroupSID entries with correct
algorithm used
(RID=1000+2*uid or RID=1001+2*gid).

Any help would be very appreciated.

Bye