[Samba] Problems with machine accounts

Hena Häkkänen hena.hakkanen at kolumbus.fi
Tue Jun 10 18:48:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I actually figured it out! I had accidentally forgot to create the
smbguest account to smbpasswd, and yet I declared it in smb.conf. By
more carefully examining the smbd.machinename log file, I found that the
missing account was responsible for NT login failures. Once I created
smbguest account, everything worked great. I'm a happy camper :)

Now on to the roaming profiles ...

Hena