[Samba] ./configure problems using --with-pam under Debian stable.

kend at xanoptix.com kend at xanoptix.com
Tue Jun 10 14:09:07 GMT 2003

Hey, all.  I'm running Debian stable, and when I try to
./configure --with-pam
for either 2.2.7a or 2.2.8a, I wind up with
[...]
checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... (cached) no
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... (cached) no
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting
config

There don't appear to be any other overt errors, and this happens on two
different XFS-enabled Debian boxes.  When I configure on my unstable box,
it seems to work fine.  I really kind of need PAM support, but I also need
XFS ACL support -- if I do a compile using
--with-acl-support --with-pam
on my unstable, will it run properly on my stable?  Or will the lack of
libraries it compiled against give it grief?  And, of course, the best of
all worlds would be if anyone could tell me what's wrong with my stable.

Thanks...

Ken D'Ambrosio
Sr. SysAdmin,
Xanoptix, Inc.