[Samba] Samba3.0beta1 as PDC with LDAP

Chee Wai Yeung cheewai_yeung2003 at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Jun 10 04:48:04 GMT 2003

Hi,

indeed it follows the same rule of rid = (uid * 2) +
1000. I just didn't realise that it applies to root as
well (since administrator and nobody/guest are the two
exceptions to the rule I thought root would be
excepted as well, and weirdly in samba-2.2.8a it
allows me to have rid=502 for root  which is not
following the rule and it still worked).

I just added back root's SID = domainSID-1000 and
tried again (without the smbpasswd file), and it
WORKED!

Thanks much for the help!