Réf. : [Samba] Samba & Sage Line 50 Accounting

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu Jun 5 10:42:23 GMT 2003

Hi,

I think that is a oplock problem.
disable oplock in your share.

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

                    Louis Sabet <louis at mobiles.co.uk>
                    Envoyé par :                                           Pour :  samba at lists.samba.org
                    samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists        cc :
                    .samba.org                                             Objet :      [Samba] Samba & Sage Line 50 Accounting

                    05/06/03 12:35

Hi all,

Having a very specific problem here:

I have a working RedHat9 server running Samba 2.2.7 (the release that comes

with RH9), acting as a PDC/File Server to around 15 WinXP Pro client
workstations.

This all works nicely, apart from our accounting package, Sage Line 50,
which depends on its data being stored on a network share.

Previously, when the data was stored on a WinNT4 share, there was no
problem, several users could concurrently connect into the database and
work simultaneously.

Now, using samba, this isn't possible. Sage will only allow one user to log

in and access the DB at any one time. As soon as that user logs out, the
next user can log in. This isn't normal Sage behaviour.

I have found instances of people on google asking for help with very
similar problems (usually accounting packages and DBs - usually solutions
involving oplocks), but having tried all the suggestions I found, I haven't

found one that works.

Any help at this point would be very much appreciated, as I've got an
entire NT4 server dedicated to sharing out a few files for 15 users, and
I'm needing to decommission it for something else.

Many thanks in advance,

Louis Sabet - IT Manager
http://www.mobiles.co.uk
http://www.gadgets.co.uk