[Samba] Samba & Sage Line 50 Accounting

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Fri Jun 6 11:09:07 GMT 2003

> My smb.conf at present is devoid of oplocks-related entries as
> I'm having a
> bit of a tough time deciding exactly how to use them. I have however
> already tried disabling them, having followed a bunch of googled
> newsgroup
> threads, but nothing I do seems to change the behaviour I described above.

Have you disabled oplocks on the client machines also?  Please read our page
at:
http://www.drouillard.ca/Tips&Tricks/Samba/Oplocks.htm

I would strongly recommend running the CCREG program to make the necessary
registry entries on the client machines for anyone running a shared
databases application.

Regards
Gerald Drouillard
President