[Samba] Printers and Faxes folder

Ashley Burt burtash at auburn.edu
Wed Jun 4 17:01:48 GMT 2003

We are in the process of uploading drivers to the samba server.  Everything
seems to be working but it is very slow.  When you browse to the Printers
and Faxes folder it takes a good 30 - 60 seconds to see the printers.  I
have also noticed that when you try to send a print job you seem to get the
same delay.    Below is what I am assuming to be a logged event related to
this problem.  File browsing works great and this is a VERY powerful system
so I wouldn't expect it to be related to the load on the machine.  Before
this change we used to install the drivers on each client machine.  When it
was set up this way there were no speed problems.

[2003/06/04 11:55:59, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(91)
  connect_to_client: unable to connect to SMB server on machine STATION23.
Error was : SUCCESS - 0.

[2003/06/04 11:51:06, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(91)
  connect_to_client: unable to connect to SMB server on machine CARTMAN.
Error was : SUCCESS - 0.

Ashley F. Burt
Network Administrator
Veterinary Medicine Computer Group