[Samba] Running SQL or Exchange over SAMBA

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Tue Jun 3 17:25:58 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 02:24:55PM -0300, Laura Zwaig wrote:
> Hello, I read this message just today. I am interested in running MS SQL
> with the databases stored on a Samba Share, I will need to do this pretty
> soon. But, does MS SQL let you install the program on an NT server and the
> database files on a Linux Server? And will I, since I am short of NT client
> access licences, get around this issue?

As I recall MS-SQL (Sybase :-) won't let you do this. But you
can install then change the registry to point to a network
drive (or you used to). The NT client access licenses is
nothing to do with this, you need to convert to a Samba
domain controller, then you need not pay client access
licenses.

Jeremy.