[Samba] Printing. The REAL jobname. :)

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Jun 3 10:36:00 GMT 2003

The windows file name is passed in the %J variable to the samba server. I
believe %J is the banner page contents.

So, the share below does for me what you seem to want to do. It also makes the windows
file name appear in the queue.

The stuff with a=`echo etc. ` is to truncate the file name, since some windows
apps send a long prefix before the file name.

Now, if you are using CUPS, I just don't know. You can't specify printing
commands for CUPS in the share, they say.

Joel

# Global parameters
[global]
[ps]
	comment = Filtered for Z53
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = lprng
 	print command = echo %J %p %s  >>  /tmp/junkJ;\
	               echo This is truncated $a >> /tmp/junkJ;\
                       /usr/bin/lpr -Pps  -J"$a"  %s;\
                        rm %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold ps %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release ps %j
	share modes = No
        use client driver = yes