[Samba] Re: Mdk 9.1, samba-LDAP 2.2.8a/3.0b3 (LDAP) can't print to z53

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Thu Jul 31 15:05:59 GMT 2003

> Which doesn't:
> a)Have any attachments

Thanks. The maintainer closed the bug as fixed. I didn't see the need
to supply further information. So I left it at that.

I've just posted attachment #62 to bug #82 containing the patch
diff text I use to incorporate changes in my 2.2.8a.

> b)link to a cvs diff

Huh?

> c)Give any information that would be useful in tracking down the
> patch (I have looked, the first time you posted this link).
>
> All my printer driver uploads have worked correctly on our 2.2.8a
> packages, (I did one last week on 9.0/2.2.8a-2mdk).

Which is really interesting. Can you look up the section cited in
my patch file to see whether Mandrake patched it on their own or the
patch is already in cvs without a link to it in bugzilla?

> So, unless I see an official patch list for 2.2.8a (or there is a
> new release, maybe also fixing the problem with cups printers not
> appearing without a restart of smbd) or a transparent way of
> finding which patches should be applied, I won't rebuild packages
> for 5 releases.

You're under no obligation to do anything, especially if you don't
have the problem. Your name just popped up in a thread I shared with
Jim for some reason and I didn't remove it from later correspondence.

If you don't want this thread to be copied to you, just say so.

Sorry for the inconvenience it might have caused.