[Samba] samba as PDC

Payal Rathod payal-samba at staticky.com
Thu Jul 31 13:58:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
I am trying to make samba as PDC on,
Linux Mdk 9.1
# smbd -V
Version 2.2.7a

But I don't know what exact setting I need to do on win95 machine.
In my win95 machine I have made,
Network NeighbourHood --> Properties -- > Client for Microsoft Network -->
Properties --> Logon and Restore ....
In the same section I tried checking "Log On WIndows NT Network".
But still when I try to log in I get the domain cannot be found error.
I have also enabled File and Print Services in Network Neighbourhood.

I don't understand where I should give domain name of Linux server on the
win95 box.
I am giving my [global] section of smb.conf below.
What more information can I give?

Please CC me the replies as I am subscribed to digest version of the
list.

With warm regards,
-Payal

[global]