[Samba] Printer Drivers Question

Corey Hart chart at acad.stedwards.edu
Wed Jul 30 21:40:28 GMT 2003

Ok..I can not get any windows clients to see the printer drivers associated with
each printer on my Samba Server.  I am running RH 8.0 and Samba 2.2.8a.  I am
trying to utilize CUPS Printing + ESP Print Pro.  Here is my smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = STEDS
        netbios name = EDSHARE
        server string = Steds File Share
        interfaces = 209.99.108.82 127.0.0.1
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 2
        time server = Yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
        printcap name = cups
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 527 -c Machine -s
/bin/false -M %u
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = \\%N\prifiles\%u
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 255
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        ldap server = ldap1.stedwards.edu
        ldap port = 9111
        ldap suffix = dc=stedwards,dc=edu
        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=stedwards,dc=edu
        ldap ssl = no
        invalid users = bin daemon sys man postfix mail ftp
        admin users = root coreyh
        printing = cups
        load printers = yes
        printcap name = cups

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browsable = No
        public = Yes
        guest ok = Yes
        writeable = No
        printable = Yes
        printer admin = root coreyh

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /usr/local/drivers
        browsable = No
        guest ok = No
        read only = yes
        write list = root coreyh

Now in ESP Print I have all my printers setup and I run the Export Command to
export my Printers to Samba.  The printers show up in samba, you can select the
printers and them to your local desktop (XP, 95/98 verified) but they do not have
a server side driver associated with them.  How in the world do I get a driver
associated with a printer in samba so that my clients do not have to install a
driver themselves?

--
----
Corey Hart