[Samba] Status message when printing from Windows 2000

Kevin Castle kcastle at mycreditunion.cc
Wed Jul 30 14:54:55 GMT 2003

I currently have Samba server I am trying to make into a print server.
Things print fine from both the linux box that is running the samba server
and the Windows 2000 client. Under the Printers Folder (Start --> Settings
--> Printers) the Status message beside the printers on the Samba print
server reads 'Access denied, unable to connect'. Again I have to say
EVERYTHING prints fine. It just reports this in the status information under
Printers. The config file listed below has two printers with different
settings, both still read the same under Printer Status and both print fine.

My server, client and Samba config are listed below.
System being used for  samba server:
Debian 3.0
Samba  2.2.3a-12.3

Client:
Windows 2000 Professional

smb.conf:

# Anything marked with XX-XX has been altered for the mailing list
# Global parameters
[global]
        password server = XX-XX
        wins server = XX-XX