[Samba] Re: Tech Request

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Jul 30 00:42:21 GMT 2003

On 29 Jul 2003, Jim.Webster at L-3com.com wrote:
> I just looked back over your site, and can't find where I got the link from.
> I'll look further and let you know.  I have looked at the section you point
> me to, but still have no idea what I'm looking at.  As I said, I'm new to
> Unix and don't yet understand all the language of bin, tar, etc.

My advice would be to get a copy of "The Complete FreeBSD", or some
other good introductory Unix book.

  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cfreebsd/

You will probably have other questions as you go along and that book
will help you through them more efficiently than asking questions and
waiting for replies.

> Is there a simple to follow document that says:
>
> 1.  On the Unix server type ... at the command line or execute ... with the
> exact spelling of the commands.
>
> 2.  On the Windows XP machine, load...
>
> 3.  Next, map a drive to the Unix server.

Yes, this one is pretty concise:

  http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/

--
Martin