[Samba] oplock problem on NTUSER.DAT (fwd)

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Tue Jul 29 23:41:41 GMT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:40:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com>
To: Marco De Vitis <starless at despammed.com>
Subject: Re: [Samba] oplock problem on NTUSER.DAT

Hi Marco

Try to veto oplocks for that file.

In the global section of your smb.conf, add the following

veto oplock files = /NTUSER.DAT/

Let us know if that changes the behaviour.

This sounds like an interseting quirk in the W2K clients.

Jul 29  7:39pm

They hang the man and flog the woman
That steal the goose from off the common,
But let the greater villain loose
That steals the common from the goose.
  --English folk poem, circa 1764