[Samba] Mdk 9.1, samba-LDAP 2.2.8a/3.0b3 (LDAP) can't print to z53

Jim C jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Tue Jul 29 18:06:37 GMT 2003

John H Terpstra wrote:

>Jim,
>
>You seem to be going through a big pain barrier!
>
>You have CUPS installed? If so, then why are you doing things the hard
>way?
>
>With CUPS the easiest installation is to install the printer in CUPS.
>The Z53 is fully supported in SuSE 8.1 and upwards.

Mandrake 9.1 as in the subject line not SuSe.

>Then install only the Adobe postscript drivers for all your clients.
>CUPS will do all the conversion needed. You Windows clients do not need to
>talk to the printer and you cut loose from that aweful Lexmark driver.
>Just a thought! It could save a lot of head banging!

Well it could but my peave is this:  The Linux printing site says that
the Lexmark Z53 is 100% supported on Linux.
If this is the case then the doggone thing should work.

Can you be a little more specific about the cups stuff?  Will it do
everything my printer will, i.e. color 1200 dpi etc?