[Samba] Mdk 9.1, samba-LDAP 2.2.8a/3.0b3 (LDAP) can't print to z53

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Jul 29 02:04:54 GMT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Jim C wrote:

> I've not been able to get Samba to print to a Lexmark Z53.
> If I call it a Z52, the driver uploads (to where, I have no idea so I
> can't check it) but I still can't get anything out of the printer.

Jim,

You seem to be going through a big pain barrier!

You have CUPS installed? If so, then why are you doing things the hard
way?

With CUPS the easiest installation is to install the printer in CUPS.
The Z53 is fully supported in SuSE 8.1 and upwards.

Then install only the Adobe postscript drivers for all your clients.
CUPS will do all the conversion needed. You Windows clients do not need to
talk to the printer and you cut loose from that aweful Lexmark driver.

Just a thought! It could save a lot of head banging!

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org