[Samba] samba 3 on production server

Beast beast at setuid.com
Tue Jul 29 12:23:59 GMT 2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2003, 6:32:02 PM, Vincent wrote:

>>Does anybody here using samba 3 (b3) on production server (with at least
> 500
>>client)?
>>

>>--beast

> I tried, but had too issues joining domain (beta2), and with logging via
> lanmanager.

> However from samba.org :

> "While significantly closer to the final release, it should still be
> considered a non-production release provided for testing purposes only."

I'm planning fresh migration from WNT 4.0 network to Samba3 (with
close to 1k clients). What I really want from samba3 was it able to
replace NT4 domain without needing to go to each client and re-join to
the domain again.
Is this possible with samba 2.2?
Also I note that support for ldap was verygood on samba3, any advice?
Tks.

--beast