[Samba] Re: I've always HATED printing with Samba

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Tue Jul 29 10:24:39 GMT 2003

Jim, you are incorrigible!

I told you a hundred times you should change your
subject line, because it has technically very little
to do with your problem, but you still keep writing
"Re: I've always HATED printing with Samba".

As a matter of fact, your problem is psychological
rather than technical, as your last letter shows. For
reasons you won't tell us, you DO want samba NOT to be
able to print to your printer. You are wasting our
time.

>>Putting negative feelings in the subject line makes
>>samba look bad, whereas in most of the threads I

>Not to be a jerk but from where I'm standing, Samba
>DOES look bad. ;-)  Samba, it seems, does not work
>well at all with inexpensive (i.e. cost effective for
>a home user) printers. I've had several of these over
>the years.

Well, then don't be a jerk. What you say is plain
unsubstantiated BS. If you really want NO help at all,
just keep on rubbing us the wrong way.

>>followed, samba wasn't the problem at all. Mostly it
>>was a matter of various degrees of lack of >>experience.

>How many computer science degrees should a new user
>have?

None. I don't have any. Most of the people using
computers successfully don't. All you need is to be
able to think and to want to get the job done. An
alphabet 101 course can take care of the rest.

>but perhaps a new user should have more.  ;-)
>A trouble shooting guide would help.

Just goes to show, you haven't read any fscking
documentation. Grow up, Jim.