[Samba] cupsaddsmb claims to work but fails

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Jul 29 08:27:39 GMT 2003

Damien Bonvillain kame at cinemasie.com wrote on Samba-digest

> Tue Jul 29 00:58:38 GMT 2003
>
> Case strange... I've past probably 30 hours by now on this, crawling the web, and doing
> attempts. I managed to make cupsaddsmb run without producing an error, but it fails.

*Where* does it fail? *What* is not working for you?

> Ask
> me for anything,

I am asking you for a detailed description of any error.
Your mail only includes successfull commands and their
output....

The "enumdrivers 3" command is buggy in most versions of
Samba 2.2.x. Just avoid level 3. Use plain "enumdrivers"
and "enumdrivers 2"....

> full trace, versions and so on, but please, if someone has an idea, share
> it.

> Linux Debian Woody unstable
> Cups  1.1.19final-1
> Samba  2.2.3a-14