[Samba] Samba rewrite file's owner

Michael Noble mgnoble at cox.net
Tue Jul 29 01:31:55 GMT 2003

This is due to the way microsoft works (at least office).  When a
file is edited, Microsoft creates a temp file for the edit session
and locks the original.  When you write the file, the original is
deleted and the temp file is renamed to the original file.
Since the temp file is owned by the new user, after write the new
file is owned by the user who edited the file.

Mike