[Samba] Problem with rpcclient command

Rob Tanner rtanner+samba at linfield.edu
Mon Jul 28 17:20:06 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to query a W2K PDC for info on a print driver by issuing the
following command:

rpcclient -Uxxx%yyy -d 3 -c 'getdriver "HP LaserJet 8000 Series PS"' abert

The response I get is:
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
added interface ip=10.219.255.249 bcast=10.219.255.255 nmask=255.255.0.0
resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name abert<0x20>
Connecting to host=abert share=IPC$
Connecting to 10.225.25.100 at port 445
lsa_io_sec_qos: length c does not match size 8
cmd = getdriver "HP LaserJet 8000 Series PS"
Error opening printer handle for HP LaserJet 8000 Series PS!
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

I have administrator rights on the PDC and "HP LaserJet 8000 Series PS" is
the printer type as gleaned from the add printer wizard.  Unfortunately
our Windows folks are completely unfamiliar with the MS-RPC functionality
that as far as I know is built-in to the W2K server.

Any idea what might be the problem either on the W2K box or in Samba?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager