[Samba] Samba 3 beta 3 Machine Trust Accounts

Failed Access mdonovan at edwtech.com
Mon Jul 28 15:46:56 GMT 2003

Okidokey
Heres the story
We currently have an NT4 Domain with 50+ machines connected to it, we
have one NT4 PDC and two NT4 BDC's.
We Currently have three redhat 7.3 servers that offer up our file shares
using Samba 2.2.x
As opposed to "upgrading" to windows 2000 we want to see if we can
migrate across to a Samba controlled domain. Now then I currently have a
test machine that is running samba 3.0 b3 I have managed to copy the sid
and ensured that it is the same as the NT4 PDC. (using the net rpc
getsid and checking with rpcclient (on nt4) and net getlocalsid (on the
samba box))
I have migrated the user data (passwords/usernames) using the net rpc
vampire (I love that command ;c)) I have checked that the users have
been migrated with pdbedit -L and all users are there.
I have migrated groups happy as larry (net groupmap list) yaddayadda
and checked that they exist pdbedit -Lv

However at no point have I come across the method to migrate the real
problem which are these evil machine trust accounts!!! What have I
missed? How do I get them? help! My boss by's the team dinner If Ipull
this move off without a hitch and you know how hard it is to get a boss
to do that!!!!!

(Note I'm still in the "Is this even possible?" phase of the project)

Cheers in advance!
Matt D.