[Samba] another Win2KSP3/Samba2.2.8a-PDC Problem

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Mon Jul 28 05:34:34 GMT 2003

Hello
your conf is complicated and errorous. Why you turn oplock off? Why change
socket parameters?
Why not send shares definition for resolve profile problem needed?
Why not read manual for some conf parameter as

update encrypted (G)
This boolean parameter allows a user logging on with a plaintext password to
have their encrypted (hashed) password in the smbpasswd file to be updated
automatically as they log on. This option allows a site to migrate from
plaintext password authentication (users authenticate with plaintext
password over the wire, and are checked against a UNIX account database) to
encrypted password authentication (the SMB challenge/response authentication
mechanism) without forcing all users to re-enter their passwords via
smbpasswd at the time the change is made. This is a convenience option to
allow the change over to encrypted passwords to be made over a longer
period. Once all users have encrypted representations of their passwords in
the smbpasswd file this parameter should be set to no.

!!!! In order for this parameter to work correctly the encrypt passwords
parameter must be set to no when this parameter is set to yes.

Note that even when this parameter is set a user authenticating to smbd must
still enter a valid password in order to connect correctly, and to update
their hashed (smbpasswd) passwords.

Default: update encrypted = no

Set standart simply conf and then test domain machine if work optimize then.

Bye.