[Samba] another Win2KSP3/Samba2.2.8a-PDC Problem

Jan Peuker jan.peuker at lst-deutschland.de
Fri Jul 25 19:51:38 GMT 2003

Hi list,

I am faced by a strange problem w/ one of our 10 win2k/sp3 clients in a
samba2.2.8a pdc-network. If I want to logon I get a message like
this(translated from german): "Your profile has not been loaded, but you
will be logged in to a local Profile. Your serverside profile has not been
loaded because its security-properties are not properly." and that's it.
Even if I blast my log level to 4, I can't see any suspicious lines in my
logs (the one for the client as well as nmbd/smbd - I did this, because
after I installed this system, some users have not been allowed to log in to
other systems as well, also without any suspicious logs.
The only hint I have is, that the systen can't updated the nameserver's
wins-table ("a possible reason would be a blocking zone-transfer"), that may
be necessary for the dhcp-named-wins controlled network.
Does anybody of you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot,

jan

--- my smb.conf

[global]
# basics
workgroup = [...]
netbios name = hauptserver
server string = Samba %v (PDC)
interfaces = lo eth0
bind interfaces only = yes
hosts allow = 192.168.1.,127.0.0.1
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

# logging
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
# log level = 3

# password
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
password level = 1
max log size = 1024
security = user
admin users = @winadmin
domain admin group = @winadmin
encrypt passwords = yes
update encrypted = yes
restrict anonymous = no
null passwords = yes
guest account = nobody
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Please*retype*new*password* %n\n
*password*successfully*updated*

# Performance
share modes = no
kernel oplocks = no
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8576
deadtime = 15
keepalive = 30

# Filename Handlinhg
case sensitive = no
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
default case = lower
mangle case = no
short preserve case = yes

# PDC/WiNS
domain logons = yes
allow trusted domains = yes
os level = 65
preferred master = true
domain master = true
pam password change = yes
wins proxy = yes
wins support = yes
name resolve order = host wins hosts
nt acl support = no
logon path = \\...\profiles\%U
logon home = \\...\%U
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g computers -d /dev/null -s
/bin/false -M %u