[Samba] lp_ldap_admin_dn() returns null in pdb_ldap.c

Fatemi, Afsheen afatemi at oid.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 25 20:22:17 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have installed Samba 2.2.8 suite to act as a PDC for our Windows clients
on a standalone Linux server running RH 9 with Openldap RPMS as the backend.
I have binding problems and I think that it's coming from the
lp_ldap_admin_dn() function call in the 'ldap_connect_system' procedure in
the pdb_ldap.c program. Where's is lp_ldap_admin_dn() defined? Does anyone
know why it would return a null string? I have checked all the spec and conf
files and the dn is defined properly in them.

Below are the error lines I get when I try to join my workstation to the
Samba domain:

LDAPS option set...!
ldap_connect_system: Binding to ldap server as ""
Bind failed: Can't contact ldap server

Any comments would be appreciated.

afsheen